Sunday, August 23, 2009

Did You Know 3.0

picture of earth from space
While watching this video, I could not help but go into information overload! And then it hit me, our society has become solely dependent on this information age we're in. It is apparent that technology affect everything we do. Not only that, it continues to grow at an exponential rate. I can hardly imagine the idea of what technological advances will be discovered or created in the 5 years. Everything is connected to computers and technology. It leads me to ask is there anything that isn't connected.

After gathering my thoughts of disbelief and amazement I came to the realization that technology somehow frightens me. Not in a creepy way, but in an "atom bomb" kind of way. It would definitely explain my inability to identify such things like i-phones and the social blog networks. On the other hand, some great things have come about through technology that I realize is a direct result from its advances. I'll reserve my verdict for now, hopefully this class will provide much more insight on how it will help me in my profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment