Thursday, August 20, 2009

Who Am I?

picture of Ricky Ruffin
This is my very first blog! My name is Ricky Ruffin. I am a 2003 graduate of USA (B.S. Sports Management). As of now, I am pursuing my bachelor of science certification in Physical Education. I have lived in Mobile since 1995, moving from a small rural town in west Alabama. I am the fourth of five siblings and the youngest male. Living on the coast, I enjoy the typical outdoor activities such as the beach, golfing, jogging and so forth. I have a dog named Max. He's a full blooded, chocolate labrador retriever. I decided to return to school so I could further my education and most importantly put myelf in a position professionally that will be a bit more rewarding.

I currently teach at Mobile Christian School. It's a great school and this will make my third year there. My job description there involves many facets of the athletic program. I am a varsity assistant football coach, head junior varsity basketball coach, and head track and field coach. Last year the boys' team captured the 2A State Championship. Also, I direct the school's elementary developmental basketball leagues which involves boys and girls in grades 2nd-6th.
Finally, in my spare time I am an Alabama High School Athletic Association official during the basketball season. As you can see, it seems I am a very busy person. It all comes together to create a truly fulfilling experience. I love sports, and I love to direct children. I know this class will only enhance my abilities to continue to do what I love.

1 comment: