Wednesday, November 18, 2009

At the teacher"s Desk

in Gulf Shores State Track Meet
I recently visited the teacher's desk and read some of the blogs there. Some of these blogs had a great message and some valuable information. I was really surprised in reading the Scary Statistics blog. I thought the hidden message in the blog was that when we compare genders, boys are much more "troubled" than girls. The Fundred Project is a very creative way to get students interested in joining a movement to clean up portions of the city of New Orleans. It focuses on cleaning up contaminated soil and having it removed. It was creative and very simple to understand. The project involved getting Congress to help fund its efforts. I did read the blog about teachers needing to be social networking experts. It was ok, but I am not sold on the idea of teachers needing it as an actual teaching tool.

The blog on Skype and using it to connect classrooms was by far more educational than any of the others I read. It was very explanatory and simple to understand. The blog stated why the class used the skype technology and even explained what equipment and tools were needed. I like this because it allows you to understand what they are doing and how they did it. The one I didn't enjoy as much was Getting over it. I understood it but it didn't serve any educational purpose for me. I think the information was boring and that it really had no effect on me whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment