Thursday, October 22, 2009

Comment4kids

cartoon picture of kids holding hands
I recently visited Mr. Goerend's blog and came away very impressed at his efforts to bring positive writing experiences into the lives of his students. It's an excellent way to encourage and teach students about the learning process. Most importantly, I feel that showing them that there is learning outside the classroom lays a foundation that can be expanded upon. I visited 5 of his students' blogs and commented on them. In the next paragraph is a summary of what I found.

I visited a blog entitled " National Giraffe Day" written by Cassie. It was very funny and it informed me about a tradition that took place in Greenland. It brightened my day! Next, I read "international act like you have a muscle spasm day". This was written by a student named Zach. I can tell that he has a vivid imagination and really enjoys making others feel good about themselves. I then read Brandon's blog on "Tubing". It was a detailed writing of his experience tubing this past summer. It made me think about my days tubing as well. "The Waukee Ankney Game" was an exciting piece by Zach S. He has some potential to be a good writer. I let him know that in my comments to him. Lastly, I read Aaron's blog post about " Jacob and the 4th" He seemed like a really good freind to Aaron, so I encouraged him to value their friendship and the time they spent together.

Comment4kids is a great way to show supprt for students as they continue to explore the world as we know it.

1 comment: