Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Richard Miller: This is How We Dream

digital picture of numbers
Dr. Richard Miller's video was interesting in a couple of ways. I think that it was captivating from a standpoint of giving a glimpse of future technology and its possibilities in the classroom. Also, I thought it was interesting because of his ability to dream that one day this technology will be available and he thought that we should be the ones who prefects it and use it. For someone interested in this level of teaching, it would be very beneficial. On an overall basis, I didn't get much from the videos for my personal gain or use.

Am I prepared to write in multimedia? I would have to answer that with an emphatic no. Although interesting, I didn't understand much of the "how" to write in multimedia. I saw some really good examples of multimedia pages and so on, but there was never a time that I thought directions or steps were being explained. It may be an easy process if the video were more details on the "how: and not so much as the "why".

Will my students be able to do this? With this age of technology and today's student, I would say yes. Many students are ready in most cases to take on a task as of this nature. My only problem would be that I wouldn't necessarily know how to teach a lesson of this sort. I would think this is a college level activity or an AP class on the high school level. It does continue a trend that seems to be everywhere. That theme is using technology to advance and equip the next generation of learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment