Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Networked Student by Wendy Drexler

picture of earth shaped network

I was glad to see this video by Wendy Drexler. It was very simple and productive because it explained everything one would need to know about starting a personal learning network. The idea of connectivism uses a network of people who together create a learning community who helps shape their learning process. I can see where this can be very productive for teachers.

The is more valuable information on connectivism on this blog. It is Wendy Drexler's blog site. I am not ready to be a teacher of network student, but I am really interested in learning about being a student of the network. What better way to learn how to be a teacher than learning it as a student. I am hopeful that once I am familiar with being a network student, I can share my knowledge with others and one day become a teacher of a network student.

Why does the networked student even need a network teacher? The obvious reason would be that the networked student needs guidance. As explained in the video, the teacher needs to be there for a number of reasons. The teacher can be a learning architect, which will help shape the student into a productive network participant. Also, the teacher can server as a modeler, or someone whom they can model their ideas and work after. Lastly, the teacher is the one who provides learning opportunities and build the learning network.

No comments:

Post a Comment