Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Last Lecture: Randy Pausch

 a faculty photo of pausch
Though a strange and funny character, Randy Pausch had some great points in details of this video. Early on, I found it somewhat interesting, as he gave background information on himself to better familiarize the audience of who he is. This I found boring. But, as he went on he had some relative points towards education in which I will share on. Not all of the information obtained through watching is of use to me as a prospective teacher, but it does pertain to in some part of our everyday living. Overall, this video was ok, but I liked some of our previous ones better. Randy {ausch has left a legacy that we all can look to for inspiration to always give your best.

I liked the idea that there were people in his life that really shaped who he became. One was his high school football, Jim Graham. Coach Graham was noted as teaching Randy that " when everything you're doing is wrong and no one notices, is not a good thing". To me that translates into no one cares. I believe it is important to work with people who care. He clearly demonstrates this by the numerous people that he influenced, such as Dennis, who now oversees the Alice Project. He clearly exemplifies the traits of caring because he has invested his life in helping others along the way.

He definitely was a person who has experienced a lifetime of achievements in his career. His willingness to share them allow other people to better themselves. I like his desire to share his experiences with others. Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. That is an awesome statement that allows a person to be reflective of their choices. His statements on legacy are admirable and understandable. Each person should leave their legacy or work with someone who is better than they are. That way you know your legacy is safe.

The best thing that this video did for me was that it gave me the desire to be reflective. There were so many tips on being a good worker, or a hard worker. One of things that influenced me the most was the "head fake". The best way to teach someone is to make them believe they are learning something else. Its a great way to keep kids engaged in interested in learning. Randy Pausch made me realize that I can achieve my goals if I'm patient, work harder, and treat others earnestly along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment