Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Plagiarism and Copyrighting Laws

cartoon picture of a man talking to his teacher
The information on plagiarism was very helpful and insightful from all three sights. Some of the information I already knew, but a great majority was new to me. I didn't realize there were so many forms of plagiarism, but I understand the severity of its consequences. I now understand why it is taken so serious and why I should be cautious whenever I may be in jeopardy of committing it. I am comfortable, that after visiting these websites, that I can perform at the best of my ability not only by avoiding plagiarism, but by successfully siting sources which can help increase my credibility amongst my audience. I know that it should be taken seriously, and that we should always properly site sources.

Copyright laws help protect the use of illegally reproducing original work. There are several amendments to the original copyright laws of of the United States. Most of these amendments apply to different phases of technology and development. Over time, there has been so many discoveries that there has to be current and up to date copyright laws to protect them. Such laws and amendments, in my opinion, help protect corporations and individuals from illegal use of their property, without permission. Copyright laws are important to the welfare of technological advancements and those to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment